Our church was formed in 1955 at the Franklin Community Building with 55 charter members led by the Rev. Worth Sweet. Each member played a pivotal role in the building of the new church physically, spiritually, and financially. Less than two years later (1957), the Fellowship Hall (which served also as the sanctuary) was consecrated by Bishop Harmon at our current Statesville Boulevard location, along with Educational Building 1.
We quickly outgrew the new facility and held classes everywhere, even in the kitchen! So, the second education building (named for church leaders C.W. and Leona Herman) was finished in 1964, and services in our sanctuary began in 1971.
In the mid-1990’s, our electric organ was failing, so we replaced it with a wonderful, new pipe organ (1999) which will last for generations to come.
By the late 1990’s, we were once again outgrowing our facilities. So, a long-range planning committee was formed and these visionaries created a development plan. As a result, a new education building and offices were opened in 2007.
Architectural gains through the years don’t begin to tell the story of how God has worked in and through our congregation. God has called us to be a source of hope, peace, and love for our members, our community, and our world.
On November 13, 2005, Milford Hills United Methodist Church celebrated its 50th Anniversary with a special service and covered dish dinner. Members past and present attended the event, as well as two former pastors. Following the lunch, a special time capsule was opened revealing many old photographs, letters, and keepsakes from 1976.
We continue to strive to provide a place to connect with the God we worship. The COVID-19 pandemic made us adapt to new realities and change some of the ways we do things. Although how we do things has changed, the why remains the same. We strive to live into our mission, which is to "Love, Serve, and Live as Christ."